Friday, December 11, 2020

Talking about my horror addiction

Another post where I'll do anything but admit that I have a problem. Next time I'm gonna talk about how fucked up my sleep schedule is!

So. Horror. Getting scared, and spooked out of your mind.

I've noticed this for a while but I'm gonna tell you how it progressed and why I think it is what it is.

So for a very long time I was obsessed with the idea of horror but dared not commit it myself. I had a list of movies. Both clasics and new gems that I wouldn't dare even think to start.

Ones I did start it though... I just kept on going. I still have a few that I haven't watched. Mainly because I have too much assignments to complete.

It happened on new year's eve a few years back. Me and my bff were gonna celebrate together so we decided to watch horror movies.

And because I didn't want to look like a weakling I put up with the horror.

Now my admiration for the genre has reached a new level.

The story repeated with The Texas chainsaw massacre. For the longest time I would not watch it. I was afraid. It is famous for as one of the best horror movies and I dare say of all time too. And all that "being banned in some countries". The reputation the movie has is much scarier than the movie itself but I still loved it and hold it as a favourite.

If you, like me, are scared of watching it, just do it. Believe me, it's worth it.

Now that I'm done advertising let's get real.

What both stories have in common is overcoming an obsticle. It gives me a feeling of victory. I believe this is one of the things that makes me come back to horror movies.

Another thing that I believe has more presure is the pure feeling of horror.

In a way it's relaxing. You get scared, you might scream a little. That's fine. Now you've expressed what you felt, and probably released some tention that was building up.

Being the person I am there's a lot of shit stacking constantly.

Horror movies help me to release that.

This is also why I like to watch horror by myself. With a company it's always less scary.

If I were to reccomend anything The Texas chainsaw massacre is on the top of the list. After that I'm not sure what to put. Maybe The girl from the photograph? It's more of psychological horror. As my sister said it's not a fantasy. This can legit happen. And that's what makes it scary.

Of course these are just what I could think of at the moment. With some more time ai can put together a great list. Call it "Sal's nightmares" and put it out there for people to enjoy.

Now let's wrap it up.

This is why I think I'm watching horror. Of course I'm not pushing against my will. I do enjoy tve movies. Maybe a little too much.

Get scared and see ya in the next one. Bby <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment